Lofoten Caravan Camping in Northern Norway is one of about 1050 campgrounds you can vote for. (Photo: lofoten.com)
According to Camping Norway there are about 1050 campgrounds in Norway, and to spend holidays in camper vans, caravans or tents together with other camping enthusiasts are still very popular among many Norwegians.
For the second year in a row, Gule Sider (Yellow Pages) arranges a contest where everyone can vote for their favorite campground. The provisional top ten list looks as follows (21 July):
1. Olderelv Camping, Skibotn, Northern Norway
2. Laftetunet Cabin and Leisure Center, Dokka Camping, Eastern Norway
3. Tornes Fjord Camping, Tornes in Romsdal, Western Norway
4. Dønfoss Camping, Nordberg, Eastern Norway (Winner 2015)
5. Vegset Camping & Café, Snåsa, Eastern Norway
6. Haugenfjæra Camping, Frosta, Central Norway
7. Føllingstua Camping, Steinkjer, Central Norway
8. Aurdal Fjord Camping and Cabins, Aurdal, Eastern Norway
9. Fagernes Camping Park, Fagernes, Eastern Norway
10. Aglen Camping, Fosslandsosen, Central Norway
Voting takes place until 12 August, and you can vote here.
Let’s go camping!
Text by: Thor Lanesskog, ThorNews
Categories: Nature, Quirky, Travel, Uncategorized
So many gorgeous places to go camping! 🙂
Vakre Norge ❤
Dønfoss Camping looks pretty cool.