In big black letters, one of Stavanger’s residents is protesting against the local housing cooperative and Stavanger housing association to take action concerning the smoke odors coming into his apartment.
(Article continues below image. See translation at the bottom of article)– My two year old child wakes up and smells cigarettes every morning, but no one will do anything about the problem, says an angry resident in Stavanger to NRK.no.
The angry man and his family live in a terraced house from the 1950s which is part of a housing cooperative. He does not smoke himself, but his neighbors do. The constant smell of cigarettes bothers him.
– It smells cigarettes all the time. But the smell is not the worst part, it is health risk that worries me the most, he says.
He has confronted the local housing cooperative and Stavanger housing association, but without luck. However, he is so frustrated that he has written invectives against the housing association, in addition to other named persons, on his own house wall.
Despite the powerful expressions, they will not report the angry man.
– This is just a sad case, said chief of administration in Stavanger housing associations, Njål Nessa.
They do not want to report the case, but say they will assist the board of the housing cooperative as best they can.
– We have written a letter in which the resident has been given until Friday to remove the writing on the wall. If he refuses, the board may require that he has to sell his house, Nessa continues.
He tells that the facade is owned by the local housing cooperative, and that the board therefore may require this.
One of the board members says that many people have commented their neighbor’s somewhat unorthodox behavior.
– It’s not the first time he has protested in this way, but it is still not fun, says Ragnar Ødegaard.
– He has previously mentioned the problem, but I have lived here since 1965 and have never heard anyone complain about the smoke odor. I smoke myself, but if I should not be allowed to smoke in my own home, I will move to Russia, he says.
He claims that if you live in terraced houses, you must be able to accept certain things, and says that the angry neighbor can avoid the smell of cigarettes if he moves to a secluded place far from other people.
The angry resident, however, has no desire to move, but admits that it may be the only solution to the problem.
CIGARS CIGARETTES IS COMING THROUGH OUR WALLS.
FU** OFF BBL AND ITS INCOMPETENT REPRESENTATIVES:
OUR NEIGHBORS WISH TO SMOKE IN DEATH – THEY CAN ….. – LEGAL ADVISER – BBL.
BUT OUR 2 CHILDREN AND WE WANT TO BREATH IN FRESH AIR
THE LAW CONDEMN SMOKING IN PUBLIC PLACES
BETTER SOLVE THE PROBLEMS – YOU’RE NOT GESTAPO!!!
BUT THE NEIGHBORS SMOKE WITH NO CONCERNS FOR THE LAW
BBL … LOL … JUST RHETORICS … HYPOCRISY!!!
(BBL – The local housing cooperative)
Text modified by: Ester Jepsen, ThorNews
Source and photo: NRK