Northern Norway’s first 50 meter pool, toddlers pool heated to 34 degrees, whirlpool and surf wave. Finally freezing Tromsø inhabitants get a new, state of the art water park.
It will cost 488 million Norwegian kroner (about 85 million dollars) including VAT, and is scheduled to include:
– Main competition pool of 50 by 25 meters (164 by 82 feet) seating 500 spectators
– Toddlers pool heated to 34oC / 93oF degrees
– Children’s pool
– Pool with currents, waves and water slide
– Bubble bath heated to 39oC / 102oF degrees
– Hot water pool with sitting and lying areas, water massage and water jets
– Water cave
– Herbal steam bath
– Outdoor thermal spring, open all year round
– Health spa resort
The water park is scheduled to be completed in the autumn of 2017 and will be operated by Tromsø municipality.
Text by: Thor Bugge Lanesskog, ThorNews
Photo by: Asplan Viak